Creole salted cod with cooked green plantains
Always running… A delicious breakfast on the GO!
PREP TIME: 4 hours 45 minutes
- 1 lb salt cod
- 1 oz julienne red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 oz julienne red bell pepper
- 1 oz julienne green bell pepper
- 1 oz julienne yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green plantain (peeled and cut into 4 pieces)
- 2 whole eggs
- Rinse cod two to three times with cold water.
- After rinsing allow cod to sit in cold water for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours rinse cod one final time then drain, shred and set aside.
(Note: set aside about one quart of the water from the final rinse of the cod to cook the plantain and eggs)
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat sauté garlic, bell peppers, onion, scotch bonnet pepper, cod for 10 to 12 minutes reducing heat to medium.
- In a medium saucepot over high heat add water from final rinse of the cod and bring to a boil.
- When water comes to a boil add plantain, eggs and cook for about 8 minutes.
- After eggs and plantain are cooked removes from water.
- Peel eggs and cut in half.
- In a mason jar place sautéed cod, plantains and top with cooked eggs.
Submit a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *