Ginger Carrot Soup
Carrot Soup with a Ginger Twist on the go!
PREP TIME: 40 minutes
- 2 Oz onion medium diced
- 3 Oz celery medium diced
- 14 Oz carrots medium diced
- 6 Oz orange juice
- 1 Oz ginger freshly grated
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cloves ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat add olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and garlic.
- Sweat vegetable for 5 to 7 minutes.
- After veggies have released some moisture add orange juice, ginger, salt, brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- After 5 minutes reduce heat to low add cinnamon, star anise and allow soup to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then remove cinnamon, star anise and place soup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve soup in a bowl and garnish with cilantro and lemon wedge.
Note: Soup can be severed hot or chilled.
Submit a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *