Grilled vegetable kabobs
Easy-to-follow Veggie Kabobs
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- 8 wooden or bamboo skewers (10” or 12”)
- 2 zucchinis 1×1-inch dice
- 2 yellow squash 1×1-inch dice
- 1/2-pound button mushrooms quarter cuts
- 1 red onion 1×1-inch dice
- 12 cherry tomatoes whole
- 1 fresh pineapple 1×1-inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper 1×1-inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper 1×1-inch dice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin ground
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Soak skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill at medium heat or about 350ºF and lightly rub oil on grate using a rag.
- Using a mixing bowl mix all ingredients together and allow ingredients to marinate while skewers are soaking
- Alternately thread zucchini slices, yellow squash slices, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, pineapple, and bell pepper onto ¾ of the skewers.
- Cook skewers on preheated grill until vegetables are tender.
- Occasionally turn and baste vegetables with remaining marinade for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the part of the skewer that does not have vegetables to hang off of the grill so that it does not burn.
- After vegetables are tender and have grill marks remove from grill and serve hot or room temperature.
Submit a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *