3 easy steps to make perfect breadfruit chips
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- 1 breadfruit whole
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1-quart vegetable oil for frying
- Peel breadfruit and remove inner core.
- Slice breadfruit length wise from top to bottom and 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Preheat oil to 325ºF or over medium low heat.
- Fry breadfruit in batches, turning occasionally with tongs, until crisp and brown, about 12 minutes.
- When breadfruit chips are crispy remove from them from the oil and place them on a paper towel in order for the paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- In a mixing bowl add all dry spices and mix thoroughly.
- Dust breadfruit chips with dry spice mix.
- Place seasoned breadfruit chips in a mason jar and serve.
Submit a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *