Coconut Pumpkin Bisque
Simplified haitian pumpkin soup edged with coconut
PREP TIME: 50 minutes
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups Haitian pumpkin (peeled and Roasted)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 oz medium diced carrot
- 1 oz medium diced onion
- 1 oz medium diced celery
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Peel and deseed pumpkin and roast pumpkin in a preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and set aside.
- In a saucepot over medium heat add olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and allow vegetables to sweat.
- When vegetables are slightly tender add roasted pumpkin, coconut milk, nutmeg, bay leaves, brown sugar, lemon juice and cook for 40 minutes on low heat.
- Using a hand blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add coconut pumpkin bisque in a soup bowl and garnish with coconut flakes and olive Oil.
Submit a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *