Brown Lentils and Haitian Spinach
It’s not all about that meat ! A simple dish for our vegetarian readers.
IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT THAT MEAT! A SIMPLE DISH FOR OUR VEGETARIAN READERS.
PREP TIME :
COOKING TIME :
- Brown lentils (1 cup)
- Haitian spinach (2 cups)
- Cumin (1 tbsp)
- Chopped garlic (1 tbsp)
- Onion powder (1 tbsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Rice wine vinegar (2 tbsp)
- Cayenne pepper (1 tsp)
- Ground black pepper (1/2 tsp)
- Water (3 cups)
- In a shallow sauce pot over medium heat, add water and bring to a boil.
- When water starts to boil, add lentils, garlic and spices.
- Cook lentils for about 8 minutes
- Then add vinegar.
- When lentils are al dente, add spinach and cook until lentils are tender.
- Stir ingredients together and adjust seasoning.
If water has evaporated and lentils are not tender, simply add water and adjust seasoning.
Any type of spinash can be used if no access to local haitian one.
Submit a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *