Roasted Sweet Potato with Raisins and Pickled Cranberries
An easy and sweet lunch on the go !
PREP TIME: 35 minutes
- Sweet potato (2 each)
- Fresh potato (2 cups)
- Raisin (1 cup)
- Rice wine vinegar (1 cup)
- Brown sugar (1.5 ounce) – use .5 ounce dusting potatoes
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Star anise (5 heads)
- Cinnamon (3 sticks)
- Scotch bonnet pepper (1)
- Pikling spice (1 ounce)
- In a preheated 400 degree farenheit convection ovent, roast sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Peel potatoes, cut into medium dice and dust with brown sugar.
- In a shallow sauce pot over high heat, add water, vinegear, scotch bonnet pepper, star anise, cinamon sticks, pickling spice, sugar, salt and bring to a boil.
- When liquid mixture comes to a boil turn off heat and add the fresh cranberries and allow the cranberries to pickle at room temperature for 6 hours.
- In a mason jar, add sweet potatoes, raisins, sweet potatoes and top with the pickled cranberries and serve.
Note: Pickling liquid can be reused to pickle other food items.
Submit a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *